Friday, February 20, 2009

buen tiempo en Sevilla

Last weekend we went on a little excursion to Sevilla, or seville. Sevilla is in the South of spain. It's very traditionally Spanish and we ate lots of amazing little tapas and saw a palace and a church. More photos.

Plaza del toros. We didn't see a bullfight nor do I think I would want to but the arena is strangely beautiful and peaceful while empty.
plaza del toros

This is my friend Julia right before we took off for a bicycle tour of Sevilla. I forgot how much I love riding my bike until then. I really miss being able to just hop on my bike and go places. I love the metro and all but nothing really beats biking. BMX is very popular in Barcelona, one of my friends here brought his bike in his suitcase and he rides around and meets other people traveling to barcelona to ride bikes.
julia on our bike ride!

Alcazar is a palace in sevilla. It was originally a Moorish fort. It's a good example of the Moorish influence in Spain.The Royal Family can still come to Alcazar and stay in it! They would live in the upper levels.
Another labyrinth in the Alcazar! this one was pretty low though, not as difficult.
in the alcazar palace

An open air space within the royal palace called the Courtyard of the Maidens.
alcazar

Plaza Espana in Sevilla! There is a placa Espana in barcelona too that is pretty epic. Its right next to another plaza del toros that is going to be converted into a shopping center.....I'll let you think about that one.....
plaza espanya

TAPAS !!! I got my video to work here it is! Bienvenidos a Sevilla


Tapas bar in Sevilla from Jack Randol on Vimeo.

1 comment: