Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jamon

The Spanish LOVE pork. It's everywhere and on everything. There are giant ham legs covered in a thin layer of wax in every single market, and there will be like 40 all together just hanging. I'll have to take a photo. They even have ham flavor ruffles. Lovin' that piggy. Apparently they also keep them as pets?!

lady walking a pig

In other news I am still sick, word on the street is that the farmacias have something for 7 euro that will kick my cold. I am so cheap though I don't want to buy it. Instead I eat 4 oranges a day. Romi, my host mother, laughs when I say naranja, orange, apparently I pronounce it wrong but I can't figure it out. She also fed me mini toasts with raw sliced salmon and caviar the other day. Luxurious yet I could only eat three before almost vomiting onto my little tv tray while watching Pasapalabra, a spanish word game show. Romi says it will help my Spanish. Our favorite player veronica has been on for four days in a row and will be on tonight too!

Here is a video example for you


In other news I figured out the school is only 15-20 minutes walking from my apartment so instead of taking 2 trains and walking 5-10 minutes I will just walk. Plus its supposed to get up to 68 on Friday. Today we're going to the Obama Bar to watch the inauguration! There is a bar that retitled itself Obama here. As one of tour guides told us Barcelona is weird, it's just a weird city.

1 comment: