Friday, January 2, 2009

Todavía en Minneapolis

Right now I am still in Minneapolis. I'll be leaving on Wednesday, which is five days away. I am slowly preparing for my trip. I got an electronic Spanish/English dictionary recently that I've been playing with. They were much cheaper than I thought they would be and extraordinarily convenient. Today I went to the bank and bought some Euros for my trip. The exchange rate was 1.4-something I can't remember exactly but I thought it was pretty decent considering it used to be like 1.60 something.



I've been busy going through this online orientation that my study abroad program has set up. It mostly has things like how to deal with culture shock and orienting yourself in a new city. I found this photo of where I will be studying in Barcelona. I set a goal to join a club at the university in order to make new friends in Spain.



The title for my blog came from a Pedro Almodovar movie that I made my parents watch with me called "What Have I Done to Deserve This?" Splendor in the Grass, or Esplendor en la Yerba, is playing in a theater on the street in the Almodovar movie. I looked into it and found out its an old American movie starring Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood. I found it on YouTube and watched it in 12 segments it was wonderful it's about love and youth and memory etc etc I'll ruin all of this by explaining it too much. The title comes from the William Wordsworth poem "Intimation of Immortality From Recollections of Early Childhood." Yeah maybe I've ruined it already sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment