Monday, March 9, 2009

En Tarragona

Last Saturday we took a little day trip on the trip to Tarragona. It's about an hour and a half outside Barcelona. Tarragona is a very old Roman city with tons of Ruins, we walked up to their look out tower and on the walls and even over an aqueduct which was actually slightly terrifying as there were strong winds and you are walking where the water was supposed to run so there aren't really railings and its really really high. In some parts the ledge is crumbly or gone as well, really actually kind of dangerous. Oh and also, what do we find but dog poop on an ancient Roman aqueduct, Really? the dog just couldn't wait and now I have to dodge dog poop at over 100 feet?

more aqueducto

Aqueduct time!

Here's a little xurreria stand as we were leaving Tarragona, it was so clean and freaky, they sell churros they are kind of just like you know them. They have these in Barcelona too but this one seemed more cool, more like in a david lynch movie or something.

Xurreria in Tarragona

This is obviously not very Barcelona but we went to a sushi restaurant with a conveyor belt, it only cost nine euro for all you can eat sushi, beverage and ice cream! Que chullo!

sushi time!

Yeah somehow I ate this, it tasted like clay and garlic. Not great but not bad, my friend told me what it is but I don't remember.

???? but i ate it anyways

You really wouldn't believe the pain I endured getting into the MACBA (the contemporary art museum of Barcelona)Library, but I did and look what I found inside, can you spot it! I really don't know why they chose to have the Walker magazine and also, not pictured, the tetsumi kudo catalog when they don't have any other magazines from any other museums in the world. How cool though no?! I had a little moment when I saw this.
can you spot the walker?

2 comments:

  1. HI!
    you should meet up with this awesome person who lives in Barcelona!!!
    I LOVE YOUR ADVENTURES!
    xoxox GEEJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. this person: http://sonambulo.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete