Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Los Pancakes

Last Saturday Romi and I made pancakes together! I found a recipe for pancakes in spanish so that I could make sure she would understand it. Romi made the batter while I took a little nap and then I helped her figure out how to cook them on the pan. She thought they were really sweet and she liked them. She said that's probably why so many americans are fat. Especially with all of the syrup on them. It was a funny experience for both of us. The photo is also for my grandparents because they wanted to see a photo of Romi.

Romi and I made pancakes!

In other food news i ate violet flavored ice cream and also chocolate goat cheese flavored ice cream. They were incredible! My friends showed me this cafe where they make all of their own ice cream flavors like black olive, raspberry vinaigrette, mojito and lavendar. There must have been more than thirty different flavors there. The owner is belgian and loves giving out samples. If you ask for one he will suggest another flavor to try combining it with like mango-curry or gingerbread-peanut butter.

3 comments:

  1. that is NOT how I pictured her.


    but i like that apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jack, your cousin Dan Voshell here. I just wanted to say I'm enjoying reading your blog and looking at your pictures. Barcelona was one of my favorite cities when I was travelling in Europe too. If you are looking for some hiking in the area, I thought Montserrat was really good. Enjoy the rest of your time abroad!
    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romi isn't a typical host mother, most of the old ladies in barcelona are very short and kind of chubby and walk really slow. A lot of them have purple hair, i mean like really purple hair. Romi is very tall, thin and also blond. Her apron is pretty typical though.

    ReplyDelete