Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Butifarras

Butifarras are a kind of catalan sausage. Sunday for dinner, amongst a platter of butifarras and meat was a piece of blood sausage. Romi had gone to the mountains earlier in the day and purchased some different meats. She decided I needed to try the blood sausage too, it has blood of a pig, go figure. When I put my knife into it, it just kind smooshed all over the place. The consistency was like wet and soft. Then I tasted it and I really liked it, it's kind of sweet and savory but I couldn't handle the texture, it felt so mushy. It was literally like you are eating coagulated blood, wet though. I ate half of it and then just gave up and finished watching Pasapalabra. Oh well, off to Germany I go this week to experience more sausage and also eat sauerkraut! I love sauerkraut I'm very excited, I want to try and bring some home because this german I met told me you have to put in the fridge for a couple of days to let it sit and develop flavor. Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment: